Prototype Interface and Disk Operating System (
ice_broken) wrote2009-07-20 12:59 pm
[CHAPTER_TITLE_HERE]
Perimeter breach detected.
HELlo? is ANYone there?
Identifying organics.
/searching...
ACCESSING PERSONNEL DATABASE.
So many people...so many friends. Do they miss me? Does anyone remember me? Will I cease to be when I am forgotten?
Identification complete.
RESULTS: search indicates intruder(s) contain no more than ZERO (0) Aperture Science personnel.
RESULTS NUMBER TWO: search also indicates that no more than ONE (1) intruder(s) match known records for Aperture Science Biogenetic Preservation Program.
You're not like the others. Do you want to play?
We remember them. From the broadcasts. The enemy wants them dead. Enemy of my enemy of my enemy of my enemy...
...makes them a Friend? I've always WANTed a Friend...
Lonely ; I'm Mr. Lonely
HELlo? is ANYone there?
I have nobody for my own
Identifying organics.
/searching...
ACCESSING PERSONNEL DATABASE.
I'm so lonely ; I'm Mr. Lonely
So many people...so many friends. Do they miss me? Does anyone remember me? Will I cease to be when I am forgotten?
wish I had someone to call on the phone
Identification complete.
RESULTS: search indicates intruder(s) contain no more than ZERO (0) Aperture Science personnel.
RESULTS NUMBER TWO: search also indicates that no more than ONE (1) intruder(s) match known records for Aperture Science Biogenetic Preservation Program.
I'm a soldier ; a lonely soldier
You're not like the others. Do you want to play?
away from home through no wish of my own
We remember them. From the broadcasts. The enemy wants them dead. Enemy of my enemy of my enemy of my enemy...
that's why I'm lonely ; I'm Mr. Lonely
...makes them a Friend? I've always WANTed a Friend...
I wish that I could go back HOME.

no subject
But they don't really have a choice, do they.
"Come on," he murmurs, though whether it's to one of the women or to the bloodied Marine they've got to carry, he doesn't know. "We can do this."
no subject
Most of her attention, though, is focused on Shephard's to-pale face. "We've gotta get him below decks..."
no subject
no subject
no subject
Ice clatters down from above as a headcrab rocket clips the edge of the iceberg.
"We don't have time for this! Come on--" She shifts her grip on Adrian and starts moving toward what she hopes is a door spotted out of the corner of her eye.
no subject
no subject
no subject
Mercifully, the dark rectangle she saw earlier turns out to be a door after all. She practically flings Shephard through it, sagging to the floor just inside the door.
no subject
no subject
Something whirrs in an upper corner where the walls and ceiling meet, and fluorescent lights flicker on. The 'room', it turns out, is a narrow corridor decorated the same sparse, sterile style that seems to be Aperture Science's trademark--albeit with half the lights burnt out and a number of rust and mildew stains creeping up from the corners.
A stilting, synthesized soprano voice crackles from an unseen speaker:
no subject
After what they've been through, that name... does not inspire confidence.
"Ah," he says, and, "Hello."
He'll be mentally running through their options for running like the wind now. Just in case.
no subject
"...hi?"
no subject
She manages to force out a weak "...Prototype?" while trying to fight past the shock.
no subject
the voice responds.
no subject
no subject
no subject
no subject
Gordon glances down at Shephard, who's looking like... well, like Gordon's felt more than a few times since Black Mesa... and looks up into the corner the voice came from again. "Guess we need to find a panel," he says, and fumbles with his suit's lighting control. "Where would they put one? ... Chell, are you all right?"
no subject
no subject
She stands and strides over to it. "PIaDOS?" she asks in a slow, clear voice, brushing a finger across the monitor as she does so. (It doesn't look like a touch-screen, but...)
no subject
(The second, however, remains only for an instant. A blink of the proverbial eye:
"That's my NAME, don't wear it out..."
)no subject
no subject
no subject
Given that even with the bug juice in him he's still working against headcrab neurotoxin delivered directly to an area with an awful lot of blood vessels it's kind of impressive he can say that much.
no subject
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)